CityMall is a community commerce platform focused on 300 million new internet users living in 400 small cities, towns and villages in India. We are working across categories like Grocery, FMCG, Fashion, General Merchandise, Mobiles & Electronics, Consumer Durables etc. Smaller towns and cities are untouched by traditional online e-grocers with most of them having presence in Metros and Tier-1 cities. Key bottlenecks are lack of trust, familiarity with browsing and purchasing online, low average order values (which makes economic viability a challenge for the platforms), and lack of credit in online channels (which neighborhood stores offer).
CityMall is a highly efficient channel to serve these consumers through "Community Leaders". They are the "Social" & "Geographical" connectors between end consumers and CityMall. They help us in acquiring customers, doing sales & marketing to retain wallet share as well as doing the last mile logistics in their communities making the community-led model more suitable for small towns, cities and villages.
Founded by IIT Delhi and IIT Roorkee alumni with 9+ years of entrepreneurial experience, CityMall aims to create several thousands of such micro-entrepreneurs and empower them to create the go-to e-commerce platform for Bharat. CityMall is backed by top-tier VCs like Elevation, Accel, General Catalyst, Jungle Ventures and Waterbridge.
You will enjoy being part of CityMall if you:
- Are Hungry enough to get your hands dirty and hustle through.
- Have the First-principles approach towards any problem.
- Are Humble to accept mistakes and work collaboratively to find answers.
- Love being part of 0 to 1 journey in a start-up.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out annual, quarterly, and monthly business planning and sales margin numbers.
- Monitor the plan on daily basis and make necessary interventions to achieve targets.
- Align Category Heads, Marketing, Business Development and product teams with the plan.
- Provide insights to category heads and align targets to improve user penetration and wallet stores.
We are looking for candidates who should have:
- Experience in holding P & L, growth charts and business planning.
- Should be able to break down a plan into different building blocks.
- Able to balance top-down and bottom-up planning and align stakeholders.
- Ability to assess the impact of external and internal developments on the business.
- Heavy data orientation and ability to analyze data through multiple cuts and draw actionable insights.